Archive for May, 2008
Most of the subscriptions should’ve been properly migrated and flowing to your inbox, as daily digests by now. Otherwise, you might want to check that you have whitelisted “firstname.lastname@example.org” to be able to deliver emails to your inbox.
Additionally, we’ve since gotten feedback that the text-only layout doesn’t quite suit your needs. So what I’m doing now is moving you guys to the more functional HTML email digest layout. Hopefully that will work better. Please give it a day or so to kick in.
Thanks for your patience so far!
Apologies to the blogarithm users whom are experiencing a service disruption at this moment. I’m working on it. Hopefully you’ll get your daily digest by the end of today!
PS: There is no account login system in RssFwd, but links to your management pages will be found in the footer of your emails.
We apologize for keeping our blog dusty over the past few months. We have been working hard on many different projects and have frankly been pretty bad about keeping up with posting updates, and the development pipeline for RSSFWD.
That said, in an effort to catch up, we would first like to welcome the users of Blogarithm to the RSSFWD platform!
We have been busy over the past few months preparing for an integration of all Blogarithm users to migrate over to RSSFWD. That transition was just activated yesterday (again sorry for all of you Blogarithm users for the late blog post). For those of you that potentially missed the alert emails and updates, I will post the most recent one below:
Dear Blogarithm Subscriber,
We hope you are doing well! As you may recall, the Blogarithm service was acquired earlier this year by Blue Sky Factory, Inc. The same group that runs the similar service RSSFWD (www.rssfwd.com). We wanted to alert you to some upcoming changes to the Blogarithm service that will require some awareness and some minor changes, to ensure that your content continues to be delivered in a timely fashion.
Starting on May 20, Blogarithm‘s blog / site updates will be delivered by the RSSFWD.com platform moving forward. We are excited about this transition, and are looking forward to consolidating all of our users on one common platform to power your RSS to email needs.
In advance of this transition, we would like you to be aware of a few changes that will affect your service:
1. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender / whitelist to ensure continued delivery of your subscriptions. All new subscription delivery will come from this address moving forward.
2. Any website that you are currently subscribed to that does not have an RSS feed will no longer be monitored by the system. RSSFWD.com has auto-discovery of RSS feeds, so if you are not sure if a site that you subscribe to has a RSS feed or not, you can simply type in the URL in RSSFWD and it will do the detection for you.
3. As a result of the transition, the existing “Blogroll” and “Related blogs” widgets wont work anymore. However all subscription forms will continue to work as usual. However, the graphics will be updated to reflect the RSSFWD.com brand.
4. The look and feel of your updates will change as a result of this migration. The existing Blogarithm email template will be replaced with the standard RSSFWD.com HTML email format, which will look different that the current emails you receive. The new footer will offer functionality around the ability to unsubscribe and to preview your subscriptions and set your preferences.
5. You can opt-out / unsubscribe entirely if you choose from the Blogarithm service prior to the migration, or after if you choose to. You can opt out of your communications by simply emailing the words “opt out” to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Blogarithm service as it exists today will stop on May 20. From that point RSSFWD.com will be the platform powering all of your RSS to email subscriptions.
We appreciate your assistance, patience and understanding as we go through this transition. We are committed to brining you a comprehensive RSS to email solution for both publishers and consumers of content. With that the RSSFWD, is being built out with an enhanced feature set to give you more control over the content you subscribe to. In addition, we will be releasing some new publisher features and an API as well for easy blog / site integration. We will of course keep you updated when the new version is released.
Thanks again for using Blogarithm / RSSFWD! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or have any issues with the migration of your subscriptions, please fee free to contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you. Please note, we have well over 100k users and a small staff dedicated to support so it may take us a day or two to get back with you.
The RSSFWD / Blogarithm team
Again, we apologize for being slight on the blog postings. We will try to get active once again. Also, we ask for your patience with responses to support emails, with the two services combined now we have well over 65,000 users. It can take a few days to get a response to your support email, we thank you for your understanding!
Thanks again for using our service. We will post our development pipeline for RSSFWD to let you know what is coming over the next few months. Many new features for both consumers and publishers will be coming, as well as a premium version as a direct result of your feedback and requests, so stay tuned!