Archive for September, 2008
The time has finally come! RSSFWD is back in action in its next iteration. We have completed development and beta testing and are ready for all of our users to start using the system. Thanks to everyone who has been reading the blog and following us on Twitter and testing out the new system. Your feedback has been invaluable!
We also would like to thank everyone for being PATIENT with us! We know this wasn’t the preferred migration path most of you would expect, and if there are still any old Blogarithm users out there, we hope you give this new version a try!
Many of you have asked us if we can keep the old site running. In reality, the old site has become unmanageable, and we are unable to resurrect it. This is why we have decided to re-write the system entirely from the ground up.
On this note, we intend to turn off the old site and service Sunday September 28th. If you’d like to continue to use RSSFWD (or give us another shot), please establish your account at http://beta.rssfwd.com. On September 28th, http://www.rssfwd.com will be completely converted to the new site.
We have established a simple account export process. Follow these steps to import your subscriptions:
Due to the sheer size of the old database (and several inefficiencies that we hope to have alleviated with the new version), we are taking the approach that active users perform this very simple process. There is quite a bit of stale data in the old database, and for our subscribers’ sakes, we would like to purge this useless data.
Until September 28th, those who have migrated their accounts will likely receive duplicate emails. Once we turn off the old system you will no longer receive the emails from the older service. Please be patient with us over the next few days as we complete this migration and get back to offering a stable, reliable RSS to email solution!
Please email us if you have any questions or issues with this migration. We have tried to make it as simple as possible. We look forward to your feedback! Enjoy!
The RSSFWD Team
It has been a while, and while we are way behind on the development and testing we have put out a beta version of our next release. For those of you who follow us on Twitter, you already know this and have been using the system. Here is where we are at:
1. We’re still in beta. We encourage all users new and existing to access our beta site at http://beta.rssfwd.com . With your help, we’ll be out of beta in two weeks, and we’ll move back over to http://www.rssfwd.com.
2. In this next version we have introduced accounts. Yes, this means there’s a password, but it’s optional (considering this isn’t the most sensitive information). Your old account has _not_ been transferred over. Part of the reason for this is that we’d like to only port those accounts over that are active. You can port your account by following these 3 simple steps:
– Go to the original site (www.rssfwd.com <http://www.rssfwd.com/> ) and export your feeds as OPML (save the file to disk)
– Go to beta.rssfwd.com <http://beta.rssfwd.com/> and create your account.
– At beta, go to the “My Subscriptions” tab (when logged in) and choose to import from OPML (uploading the file downloaded in step 1).
Emails now bundle several feed entries together. This reduces overhead within the system and improves performance.
Please forward us any bugs or issues you encounter and we will address them. With your help we will be back to normal with a new and improved version. Thanks again for bearing with us.