The Next Version of RSSFWD: UPDATE
It has been a while, and while we are way behind on the development and testing we have put out a beta version of our next release. For those of you who follow us on Twitter, you already know this and have been using the system. Here is where we are at:
1. We’re still in beta. We encourage all users new and existing to access our beta site at http://beta.rssfwd.com . With your help, we’ll be out of beta in two weeks, and we’ll move back over to http://www.rssfwd.com.
2. In this next version we have introduced accounts. Yes, this means there’s a password, but it’s optional (considering this isn’t the most sensitive information). Your old account has _not_ been transferred over. Part of the reason for this is that we’d like to only port those accounts over that are active. You can port your account by following these 3 simple steps:
– Go to the original site (www.rssfwd.com <http://www.rssfwd.com/> ) and export your feeds as OPML (save the file to disk)
– Go to beta.rssfwd.com <http://beta.rssfwd.com/> and create your account.
– At beta, go to the “My Subscriptions” tab (when logged in) and choose to import from OPML (uploading the file downloaded in step 1).
Emails now bundle several feed entries together. This reduces overhead within the system and improves performance.
Please forward us any bugs or issues you encounter and we will address them. With your help we will be back to normal with a new and improved version. Thanks again for bearing with us.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.